I'm so proud of our baby girl she never ceases to amaze us from day to day with her capabilities! I guess you just never realize how much they learn and take in everyday!
Not that she has a difficult name at all but she can recognize it and spell it on her own. As her momma I'm very proud of her! She knows all her colors, can count to 5 and says her ABC's to about G then likes to start over so we have been working on the rest of the alphabet.
Ava has been able to say 3 and 4 word sentences and day to day her words continue to get more clear. One of her most common phrases right now that I think is so cute is when she says...."Momma dis spicy, I not like it" or before she eats something she will always smell it then look at me and say " I think it's spicy I don't know I like it?" Dean asked her tonight what her favorite food is and she says to him "ice keem I like it!" Also sometimes before she eats she will put her hands together and say "tank-you Jesus" melts my heart!
Gymnastics is still going really well! For a few weeks she was the only one in her class so it was really nice to have private lessons,but one of the main reasons I wanted her to be involved in something outside of our home was to learn to wait her turn and how to work/play with others. The private lessons came to a screeching stop. Fall registration started and last Thursday we had 10 new little girls and 1 little boy in her class so boy did she have to wait her turn! At the end of class she was kind of the ring leader by telling all the other little tumblers what to do..... Ava was saying "seat down tamps our feet tamps our hand" in others words time to sit down and let the teacher give us stamps on our feet and hands. I think we have a bossy britches in the works!OH BOY!
Ava and Nicholas have had a VERY rough couple of weeks....they have always played so well together and been very sweet. That has stopped!! Nicholas has realized he is a boy and wants to prove it he made the mistake of biting Ava on the shoulder, pulled her hair and grabbed her shirt a few weeks ago she pushed him down and the war began!(she still talks about it) Now most of the time when they are around each other it's a fight not even usually over a toy just if one looks at the other the wrong way the fight is on!If it is little stuff I just let them work it out on there own .... when it turns into a biting match in the middle of the grocery store or a book to the nose I quickly intervene! I really hope I can get this under control....HA wish me luck!Ava has been spending a lot of alone time in her room and poor Nicholas probably hates the color of my kitchen wall! Sometimes separation is the best..... or is it?
This entry was posted
on Sunday, August 30, 2009
.



